Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Left or Right?

For the next 15 years, which would you rather have: the left side of the Mets infield or the right side of the Phillies infield?

David Wright and Jose Reyes were co-players of the week in the National League last week, hopefully, a glimpse of things to come.

I think David Wright is the best player of the four. But I think Utley is not far behind and will probably have overall stats close to Wright's. I think Howard is a monster slugger who can consistently hit 50 home runs, but he plays poor defense. Reyes is the most flawed of the four, but probably the most exciting.

In a tossup I think I would have to pick the Phillies duo, because they have more power. But other than Albert Pujols, I don't see any National Leaguer who will prevent this quartet from being the All-Stars starters in the NL for many years to come.




1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Interestingly enough, SNY just showed a graphic that said these four players are among the top 5 in the NL in hits with 2 strikes so far this season.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home