Saturday, April 05, 2008

Unhappy Recap: Braves 11 Mets 5

Too bad spring training doesn't count because John Maine looked like a completely different pitcher. I don't buy that he was too fresh, and throwing too hard. He was just bad.

And speaking of just bad there was Jorge Sosa who couldn't throw strikes and eventually allowed the grand slam that but this game out of reach and turned it into a blowout.

As hot as the Mets hitters have been so far this season to get off to only a 2-2 start is a little disappointing.

I have never seen a play before like the one with Reyes up and the bases loaded. It was a horrible call by the umpire to rule it a catch, but it was a horrible play by Pagan to run past Church on the bases. But I think Church would have been running home if he hadn't seen the umpire rule it a catch. I'm glad they went back and fixed the play but I don't think I've evern seen them do that before, especially not on a play with so many variables.

But at least I'm not writing this recap and pointing to that play that cost us the game.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home