Thursday, June 29, 2006

Unhappy Recap: Red Sox 10 Mets 2

What a nightmare!

Pedro just got killed. That's the bottom line. I don't know why it happened and I don't think it's a harbringer of him fading down the stretch. He just got his ass kicked. I don't think he was too deferential to the Sox and I don't have a problem with his comments. I was a little worried when he said "I just have to tip my cap..." Thankfully he will not be calling them his daddy.

The game turned when Pedro made a key mistake in the first inning. With first and second and one out Ortiz hit a comebacker. Pedro tried to go to third but he forgot Wright was too far over (due to the shift) to cover the base. Then he turned to second and was too late, so he went to first for one out. So instead of a double play the inning continued until such time as Lastings Milledge screwed up another flyball. That made it 4-0 and the game was over.

Nothing else to say about this one. This picture of dejected Pedro says it all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home