Thursday, May 15, 2008

Unhappy Recap: Nationals 5 Mets 3

Aaron Heilman sucks. But we knew that.

We learned in this game that Claudio Vargas may turn out to be a decent 5th starter. And I think he is going to be in the Mets rotation until Pedro gets back, and maybe longer if Pelfrey doesn’t shape up before then.



I think Willie may have given him the hook too early but I understand not wanting to push a guy in his first start for the team. He was nearing 100 pitches but I might have given him another batter or two.

Why did Alou have to go and get himself ejected? The Mets could have used him in the lineup when the tying run was on first in the 8th inning.

We got Sosa out of here, I think Heilman should be next.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vargas looked okay...but the 4 walks are worrisome for the future agianst good teams

Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home